Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Congressman Paul's Texas Straight Talk

From: RonPaulmedia [Add to Address Book]
To: FREEDOM-WATCH-UPDATE-TX14@LS1.HOUSE.GOV
Subject: Congressman Paul's Texas Straight Talk
Date: Sep 22, 2008 2:24 PM
Predictions vs. Reality in Iraq "On September 10, 2002 I asked 35 questions regarding war with Iraq. The war resolution passed on October 16, 2002. Now today, as some of my colleagues try to reestablish credentials regarding spending restraint, I want to call attention to my 18th question from six years ago:“Are we willing to bear the economic burden of a 100 billion dollar war against Iraq, with oil prices expected to skyrocket and further rattle an already shaky American economy? How about an estimated 30 year occupation of Iraq that some have deemed necessary to "build democracy" there?”Many scoffed at my “radical” predictions at the time, regarding them as hyperbole. Six years later, I am forced to admit that I was wrong. My “radical” predictions were in fact, not “radical” enough."
Click here to read the full article: http://www.house.gov/paul/index.shtml

No comments: